Durham College (DC) is proud to be an active and engaged member of the communities we serve. DC contributes resources and expertise to enhance the social and economic well-being of our communities through partnerships, financial investments and collaboration. DC supports more than 100 local organizations, creating valuable opportunities for the college and our students.
The formal organizational Community Outreach Procedure guides decision-making when evaluating requests for support. It specifies that community involvement should fall into at least one of three areas that support our business operations:
- Academic initiatives
Further, DC uses a strategic and focused approach to guide community relations activities. The purpose of this process is to ensure the support benefits our communities in a way that:
- Supports the college’s mission, vision and values
- Complements the strategic plan
- Supports the communities’ needs
- Provides valuable expertise to community groups and organizations
- Develops its next generation of leaders through opportunities in the community
- Enhances existing mutually beneficial partnerships and develops new ones
If you’re working with a charitable organization or community initiative you’d like Durham College to consider supporting please fill out the form below.
Responses should be expected within 10 business days. If event specific, please ensure requests are made more than 90 days prior to the event and/or initiative.