Applied Research that is accessible, simple and efficient
We offer research and development that adds value to your organization through access to funding, faculty expertise, research facilities, and student work opportunities.
WHAT IS ENABLING TECHNOLOGIES OF THE FUTURE?
Enabling Technologies of the Future – technology is pervasive and the research in this area is broad and transformative; this includes projects involving communication, information technology, computer science, sustainable energy solutions, and digital technologies.
RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE FOR ENABLING TECHNOLOGIES OF THE FUTURE
The Office of Research Services, Innovation and Entrepreneurship (ORSIE) also has significant research infrastructure and most recently added the following:
- Fortus® 360mc rapid prototyper
- Integrated Manufacturing Centre (IMC)
- Computer-aided design (CAD) lab
A new paradigm in energy – Dynacurrent technologies Inc.
DynaCurrent Technologies Inc. (DTI) has developed and patented a new and innovative technology to heat liquid using electricity. In order to gain acceptance in the marketplace, DTI required a third-party (DC) performance evaluation in a residence to show how the new technology performs against the ones currently available.
Gaming suit control system – Inventing Future Technology Inc.
Inventing Future Technology Inc. (IFTech) is a high-tech company with a focus on Immersive Wearable Technologies; its product, As Real As It Gets (ARAIG) is a wearable suit that totally immerses users into the reality of their virtual world. IFTech came to DC to benefit from an improved design and functionality of the suit’s control centre and to improve various aspects of ARAIG’s central nervous system.
Novattach: An innovative mount bracket – Lanoptic Video Solutions Inc.
Lanoptic Video Solutions Inc. (Lanoptic) designs, implements and supports smart digital video security and surveillance solutions. Recognising the need for a more efficient installation technique, Lanoptic developed Novattach, a first-generation, universal system for installing digital video cameras. To further develop the system’s efficiency, Lanoptic worked with Durham College researchers and students to redesign Novattach.
Remote monitoring and control of LED displays – Miratec Inc.
Miratec Inc. provides customized, innovative solutions to companies who use molded assemblies, cables and inverters. Durham College (DC) worked with Miratec to develop a system to remotely monitor and control several LED displays that are installed for advertising and dispensing information.
Other successful projects for Enabling Technologies of the Future:
- Use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles for precision agriculture – Woodleigh Farms Limited
- Spinach Harvester – Durham Foods Limited
- Development of a Montessori Evaluation System – Brackendale Montessori School
- Fortus® 360mc Rapid Prototyper
- Grid-Free Solar Power system – Miratec
- Designing and Building Power Conservation Module – North-Line Canada
- Bioflx Ground and Equipment Protection Mats and Tarps – Formflx Technology
- A New Dealer Desktop – Sunspace Modular Enclosures
- Archimedes Screw Turbine Remote Monitoring System Development – Bluestreak Equipment
- Medical Device Autoclave Handle – OASYS Healthcare
- Accelerating paper packaging technology – ALX Technical Services
- Big Orange Solves a Big Problem – Big Orange Co. Inc.
- Escalator parts company steps up business – Elator
- Helping Solar Wall Technology Shine – Engenery Inc.
- HRCarbon – HRCarbon Enterprise Human Resource Carbon Management
- Mi Casa – Innovolve Group
- PlayDream – PlayDream Ventures Ltd.
- CHARMing the world of cancer care – Bykart Software Ltd.
- Aircosaver – Innovative Energy Solutions
- The Pool Extractor – ABD Solar Power Pool Tools
- Two-Axis Solar Tracking System – Green Works Solar Power
- Yowza Digital Interstitial Platform – Yowza Digital Inc.