Manufacturing Leadership Certificate Program (MLCP) (Recognition of Achievement)
Recognition of Achievement
Recognition of Achievement
Global competition, the development of advanced technologies and other economic challenges are rapidly changing the way Canadian business and industries operate. The Manufacturing Leadership Certificate Program (MLCP) is designed to help participants who already have a high-level of technical expertise in their industry by developing their leadership skills needed to advance their careers.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) including Grade 12 English (C or U) and Grade 11 Math (C, M or U) OR
- Grade 12 equivalency certificate achieved through College academic upgrading OR
- Mature Student Status (19 years of age or older) with Grade 12 English (C or U) and Grade 11 Math (C, M or U)
- You must maintain an overall average of 60% or a GPA of 2.0 in order to graduate
- A minimum of 25% of courses must be completed through Durham College.
- MLCP was developed originally by manufacturers for manufacturers.
- The program is up-to-date, with content modified regularly, based on feedback from participants, employers and instructors. Current case studies and projects are used to address "real life" business challenges.
- Program instructors have industry experience.
Note: Upon successfully completing the program you will receive a Recognition of Achievement from Durham College and will also receive the Manufacturing Leadership Certificate directly through MLCP. You will need to notify the Centre for Professional and Part-Time Learning that you have completed all the course requirements and we will send your application to MLCP for processing.
For more information, check out http://www.manufacturingleadership.com
Program Of Study
Students are required to print or save a copy of the Program of Study when beginning the program. This document contains critical details about program progression and graduation requirements specific to the academic year in which your program was started.
Click to access the Program of Study for the current academic year.
Students who began this program prior to the current academic year may contact the Centre for Professional and Part-Time Learning office at email@example.com or 905-721-3052 to obtain your Program of Study and graduation requirements.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be equipped to:
- Work independently and with others to understand the levels in a well-structured organization and the difference between the types of work done at each level
- Able to communicate, coach, delegate, motivate and deal with conflict together with an understanding of adult learning
- Know when to use a team, how to manage meetings and how to conduct group problem solving sessions
- Understand the forces of globalization that are at work in the Canadian economy and which of these forces directly impact your business and know the opportunities you have to turn these powerful forces to your advantage
Potential career and industry options may include:
- Today's manufacturing supervisors must demonstrate multifaceted leadership combine with a high level of technical expertise. The MLCP is exactly what you need if you are a Supervisor, Manager or have goals targeted in that direction.
Program Related Questions? Call 905.721.3052
If you are interested in applying for financial aid, please visit the Centre for Professional and Part-Time Learning OSAP Eligibility webpage.