B VIRTUAL FAQs
Please visit our B Virtual FAQ Page for more information.
Before Scheduling your test
It’s important that you know what is required and expected of you before you schedule your test/exam with B Virtual.
In order to minimize the impact on your exam time, opportunity and wallet:
- TEST YOUR SYSTEM FIRST!
Your test-writing environment must pass the minimum requirements. If your writing environment or computer are unacceptable, you may forfeit your chance to write your test and your registration fee. You need a desktop or laptop computer with a webcam, microphone, speakers (or headset), and a hi-speed Internet connection. You can see if your computer meets the technical requirements here: Test system now. The computer system you use for the test must meet these requirements. Important Note: Tablets (i.e. iPads) and smartphones are not compatible. A WIRED network connection is strongly recommended.
- Make sure you have a quiet secure room to write your test in. Your proctor will have you rotate your webcam 360 degrees to ensure that your area meets these requirements.
- You cannot be in a public location to write your test.
- You cannot have anyone in the room with you.
- Your desk area must be free of electronic devices (e.g., cell phone or another computer/laptop), books and paper.
- Make sure you have valid government photo ID or your Durham College student card. Your proctor will need to see photo ID to verify your identity. You cannot continue without valid identification.
- Ensure you have a valid credit card available to make your payment when you schedule your test.
Scheduling your test
- Go to the content area of the course.
- Select the SmarterProctoring content module.
- Click on the SmarterProctoring content item.
- Select the Open in new window button.
- If this is your first time accessing SmarterProctoring, you will need to fill out some information.
- Select the Begin Registration button.
- Select if you would like to receive SMS Notifications. Note Currently SmarterProctoring does not have SMS notifications implemented, however it is planned for a future update.
- Enter in your postal code.
- Select your time zone.
- Select the Save Registration button.
- Select the Schedule button for the exam you would like to make an appointment for.
- Read through step 1 and test your computer to ensure that it meets the system requirements. Note You can also test your system here.
- If your computer passes the system check, select the “Click Here” button from Step 2.
- Select an available time slot to write your quiz. Alternatively, you can also manually search for a date/time by selecting the Not available any of these times? Click here to search manually link.
- After selecting a date, you will be prompted with a Payment screen. Fill in the required fields to proceed with the payment.
You have now successfully scheduled an appointment with B Virtual.
Note You can reschedule or cancel your appointment if needed.