Leadership Development Series (Certificate)
Durham College Certificate
Durham College Certificate
Enhance your skills and stand out as a leader in today's challenging, competitive and dynamic marketplace. This certificate will expose you to leadership concepts and approaches that will enhance your technical, interpersonal and strategic capabilities as a leader.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) including Grade 12 English (C or U) and Grade 11 Math (C, M or U) OR
- Grade 12 equivalency certificate achieved through College academic upgrading OR
- Mature Student Status (19 years of age or older) with Grade 12 English (C or U) and Grade 11 Math (C, M or U)
- You must maintain an overall average of 60% or a GPA of 2.0 in order to graduate
- A minimum of 25% of courses must be completed through Durham College.
Current Program of Study Students are required to print or save a copy of the Program of Study when beginning the program. This document contains critical details about program progression and graduation requirements specific to the academic year in which your program was started.
Students who began this program prior to the current academic year may contact the Continuing Education office at email@example.com or 905-721-3052 to obtain your Program of Study and graduation requirements.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be equipped to:
- Apply human resources practices to leadership and management situations in order to make effective decisions, mitigate risk and solve problems
- Apply organizational planning skills to ensure ethical business decision making and sound operational objectives based on practical budget considerations
- Manage change initiatives and the resulting cultural impact in order to adapt to issues affecting the organization and the economy
- Manage employee performance utilizing communication, coaching and leadership skills
- Communicate effectively in leadership roles and as a team leader or team member
- Manage projects utilizing project management processes and tools in order to effectively maximize resources
- Develop strategies for personal and professional development that enhance work performance and maximize career opportunities
Potential career and industry options may include:
- Aspiring supervisors/managers
- Business owners/managers
- Department and plant managers
- Human Resource personnel
- Senior support/clerical staff
- Team leaders
Program Related Questions? Call 905.721.2000, ext. 2161 or 3776
If you are interested in applying for financial aid, please visit the Continuing Education OSAP Eligibility webpage.