Business - Marketing (Two-Year Diploma)
Ontario College Diploma
Ontario College Diploma
Marketing is key to a successful business. An understanding of how consumers behave, together with research data and knowing how to capitalize on the latest digital trends, ensures that organizations can sell their products and services. Durham College prepares you for your start in an exciting career where you can help businesses grow and succeed. Here you will have hands-on learning of the latest digital technology. You will boost your resume with marketing projects completed for real industry clients, and you will have the opportunity to participate in simulations, marketing-oriented events and competitions, all of which will add to your industry network and experience to help you get that first marketing job.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) including Grade 12 English (C or U) and Grade 11 Math (C, M or U) OR
- Grade 12 equivalency certificate achieved through College academic upgrading OR
- Mature Student Status (19 years of age or older) with Grade 12 English (C or U) and Grade 11 Math (C, M or U)
- You must maintain an overall average of 60% or a GPA of 2.0 in order to graduate
- A minimum of 25% of courses must be completed through Durham College.
Program Admission Form Students are required to complete and submit this form to indicate that the program's admission requirements have been met. This form must be submitted prior to registering for your first course.
Current Program of Study Students are required to print or save a copy of the Program of Study when beginning the program. This document contains critical details about program progression and graduation requirements specific to the academic year in which your program was started.
Students who began this program prior to the current academic year may contact the Continuing Education office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-721-3052 to obtain your Program of Study and graduation requirements.
Upon completion of this program, students will be equipped to:
- Contribute to the development of an integrated marketing communication strategy for marketing products, concepts, goods, or services based on an identified target market
- Contribute to the development of pricing strategies which take into account perceived value, competitive pressures, corporate objectives, and cost analysis
- Contribute to the development of strategies for the efficient and effective distribution of products, concepts, goods, and services
- Determine strategies for developing new and modified products, concepts, goods, and services that respond to evolving market needs
- Analyze results of marketing activities using criteria related to budgeted sales, costs, profits, and other appropriate criteria
- Contribute to the development of a marketing plan including marketing objectives, marketing mix, marketing strategies, budgetary considerations, and evaluation criteria
- Develop strategies to establish effective working relationships with clients, customers, consumers, co-workers, supervisors, and others
- Communicate marketing information persuasively and accurately in oral, written, and graphic formats
- Analyze the viability of marketing products, concepts, goods, or services in an international market or markets
- Participate in conducting market research to provide information needed to make marketing decisions
- Develop personal professional development strategies and plans to enhance leadership, management skills, and marketing expertise
- Participate in the development of a business plan, apply the principles of business ethics and corporate social responsibility
- Use professional sales techniques to make a sale
- Adapt to and apply various and changing technologies, systems, and computer applications used in marketing environments
Potential career and industry options may include:
- Integrated marketing communications co-ordinator: public relations, advertising, experiential/events, promotions
- Digital marketing coordinator/manager
- Social media/content coordinator/manager
- Marketing coordinator
- Research coordinator
- Sales representative: advertising, business to business, product, services
Program Related Questions? Call 905.721.2000, ext. 2161 or 3776
If you are interested in applying for financial aid, please visit the Continuing Education OSAP Eligibility webpage.