Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP)
The Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) offers the only payroll certifications in Canada: the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) and the Certified Payroll Manager (CPM). These programs prepare payroll practitioners to manage the compliance requirements of an organization's annual payroll cycle, deliver clear and reliable payroll information, and contribute a payroll perspective to organizational policy and payroll discussions.
The Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification is the foundation of your career in payroll. It provides you with the compliance knowledge required to process an organization's annual payroll cycle, effectively communicate payroll information to all stakeholders, and understand the accounting function as it relates to payroll.
Applicants interested in pursuing the PCP Certification
Durham College offers the courses to complete the academic requirements for the PCP certification. To register students must;
- Register and pay both Durham College and the CPA. Please visit www.payroll.ca for instructions to register with the CPA (Note: the accounting course does not require registration with CPA as you transfer the credit once completed.)
- Be members of the CPA and also pay the annual CPA membership fee
- Register with the CPA at least two weeks prior to the start date of the course
Note: The Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) requires a grade of 65% on the final exam and 65% overall in order for the credit to be accepted toward CPA certifications.
Click here for a list of Durham College approved PCP courses
Maintaining Your Certification
All certified individuals must comply with the below three requirements in order to maintain certification with the CPA.
- Maintain a membership with the CPA through a Professional Membership or through the Organization Membership of their employer
- Adhere to the CPA Code of Professional Conduct
- Meet the Continuing Professional Education (CPE) requirements
For more information on the PCP certification and registration, visit the CPA website at; www.payroll.ca
Program Related Questions? Call 905.721.3052
If you are interested in applying for financial aid, please visit the Continuing Education OSAP Eligibility webpage.