Social Media (Certificate)
Durham College Certificate
Durham College Certificate
Social Media is an essential and dynamic set of communication channels that have shifted the way in which employers engage with their customers. Students taking this certificate program will study five key areas of social media management. In addition, they will learn how social media is applied to marketing, corporate branding, fundraising, social media campaigns and within organizations to support employee engagement, retention and corporate communication.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) including Grade 12 English (C or U) and Grade 11 Math (C, M or U) OR
- Grade 12 equivalency certificate achieved through College academic upgrading OR
- Mature Student Status (19 years of age or older) with Grade 12 English (C or U) and Grade 11 Math (C, M or U)
- You must maintain an overall average of 60% or a GPA of 2.0 in order to graduate
- A minimum of 25% of courses must be completed through Durham College.
Current Program of Study Students are required to print or save a copy of the Program of Study when beginning the program. This document contains critical details about program progression and graduation requirements specific to the academic year in which your program was started.
Students who began this program prior to the current academic year may contact the Continuing Education office at email@example.com or 905-721-3052 to obtain your Program of Study and graduation requirements.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be equipped to:
- Implement appropriate tools for social media that best service target groups
- Combine traditional marketing and/or communication strategies to influence social media practices
- Create a social media plan that is tailored to the needs of a select target group
- Monitor market trends to recalibrate social media strategies
- Design a successful learning and collaboration tool by aligning social media initiatives with corporate goals, branding and communication practices
- Communicate in a social media environment by utilizing a variety of social media and social networking communication tools and practices
- Gauge the level of social media strategy implementation within an organization by analyzing evolving trends and tools
Potential career and industry options may include:
- Entry level marketing, advertising or communications profession, focused on social media initiatives
Program Related Questions? Call 905.721.3052
If you are interested in applying for financial aid, please visit the Continuing Education OSAP Eligibility webpage.