Practicum allows students to apply their learning with a variety of clinically supervised practicum experiences that are designed to prepare you to function as a graduate in diverse settings. Placements are located at various local hospitals and agencies throughout Durham Region and at times, in the immediate surrounding areas. Students are responsible for their transportation to and from their practicum placement. Please note that hospital placement will begin as early as 06:00 hours.
Please Note: There are costs associated with completing the Electronic Student Permit Check (ESPC) verification process for your placement. Service fees for Verified, a documentation collection and ESPC verification partner, immunizations, lab tests, and certifications. Please keep all receipts for income tax purposes.
Pleaser review the field placement component of your program in order to determine the pre-placement requirements and due dates for submission.
- Addictions and Mental Health Field Placement
- Animal Care Field Placement
- Child and Youth Care Field Placement
- Communicative Disorders Assistant Field Placement
- Community Integration Through Co-Operative Education
- Critical Care Nursing Field Placement
- Dental Assisting Field Placement
- Dental Hygiene Field Placement
- Dental Reception Field Placement
- Developmental Services Field Placement
- Early Childhood Education Field Placement
- Fitness and Health Promotion Field Placement
- Massage Therapy Field Placement
- Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant Field Placement
- Personal Support Worker Practicum
- Practical Nursing Field Placement
- Practical Nursing Flex Program Field Placement
- Practical Nursing for Internationally Educated Nurses Field Placement
- Social Service Worker Field Placement