This specialized two-day trauma assessment and treatment course targeted at first responders, EMS Personnel and hospital staff that deal with trauma patients. Participants will be given didactic knowledge and hands on experience with oxygen delivery devices, basic airway devices, spinal immobilization equipment, extrication devices and patient assessment tools.
International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) courses give the student the knowledge and hands-on skills to take better care of trauma patients. ITLS stresses rapid assessment, appropriate intervention and identification of immediate life threats. The ITLS framework for rapid, appropriate and effective trauma care is a global standard that works in any situation.
ITLS courses combine classroom learning, hands-on skills stations, and assessment stations that put learning to work in simulated trauma scenarios. Each ITLS course includes a, evidence-based course manual with in-depth content written and edited by trauma care experts based on current research. ITLS courses are designed, managed and delivered by course directors, coordinators and instructors experienced in EMS, pre-hospital care and the ITLS approach.
- All candidates must currently be certified in First Aid/CPR
- Candidates must be:
- students enrolled in Primary Care or Advanced Care Paramedic Programs at Durham College
- Employed as a:
- Paramedic (as DC Alumni)
- Successful completion of any ITLS basic level program acknowledges a level of knowledge and skill in performance of basic level skills at the time of the course, but does not provide certification in those skills.
- Preparation for the course requires careful attention to the course manual and detailed knowledge regarding information presented in the manual. The manual must be purchased online when payment is complete
- ***Course registration will close 3 weeks prior to the training date in order for students to read the manual and prepare.*** to be ordered immediately at https://www.itrauma.org/product/itls-for-emergency-care-providers-8th-edition/)
- Toronto EMS, York EMS and all Event Paramedics
Dates: June 20th & 21st, 2019
Room: Oshawa Campus- room SW208
Time: 9 a.m. to 5p.m.
Cost: $355 (+HST & Certificate)
$62 US$ (+HST for Textbook… to be ordered immediately at https://www.itrauma.org/product/itls-for-emergency-care-providers-8th-edition/)