This 2 day practice prep testing is specially designed to help those Pre-Service Fire Fighting graduates seeking to become OFAI certified. This prep testing will re-establish practical skills and knowledge in order to better prepare for success.
Please note that this training is not mandatory but greatly improves readiness that will be thoroughly evaluated during the rigour of stage three – firefighter technical skills of the OFAI testing.
- Must have graduated from a Pre-Service Fire Fighting program
- Must provide valid proof of graduation i.e. diploma (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Applicants must use their own PPE (bunker gear, boots and helmets)
- 10 Metre Ladder Climb, Ropes, Knots, and Tool Lift
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Proficiency Test
- Medical Skills
- 7 Metre Ladder Raise/ Roof Ladder Deployment
- Roof Ventilation
- Fine Motor Skills Hose Assembly
Location: Fall Hall – beside CRWC Building
Date: November 9 and 10
Time: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Cost: $399 (+HST) PFET Alumni or PFET Graduates
To register, call 905.721.3000 and have the course code (CRN) and your credit card ready.