This 2 day OFMEM Practical Prep Testing is specially designed to help those Pre-Service Fire Fighting graduates who have not achieved the OFMEM performance standards and/or those seeking Fire Fighting employment. This prep testing will re-establish practical skills and knowledge in order to better prepare for success.
Please note that this training is not mandatory but greatly improves readiness that will be thoroughly evaluated during the rigour of the (official) practical testing.
- Must have graduated from a Pre-Service Fire Fighting program
- Must provide valid proof of graduation i.e. diploma
- Must provide valid proof that the OFMEM Written components were achieved
- Must complete the Prep-Test Application Form prior to challenging the OFMEM Testing
- Applicants must use their own (bunker gear, boots and helmets)
Key course topics include:
- SCBA and PPE
- Ground Ladders
- Basic Tools and equipment
- Fire Hose
- Water Supply
- Fire Streams
Upon successful completion of this Practical Prep Testing each candidate will receive a certificate of completion to place within their professional portfolio.
NOTE: Neither CIJS nor the instructor(s) can guarantee success however this training will help you perform at the best of your ability.
Room – F129 (near the old gyms)
Saturday, May 25 and Sunday, May 26 (from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
$399 (+HST) PFET Graduates and Alumni (from any accredited post-secondary institution)
To register, call 905.721.3000 and have the course code (CRN) and your credit card ready.