Are you at the interview stage of your application process with any of Ontario’s Emergency Medical Services (EMS) ?
The seminar will take the participant through the following topics:
- Sourcing jobs and research
- Preparations and process to gain employment
- Research and employer perspectives
- Interview forms and formats
- Interviewing and answer strategies
- Sample questions and answer perspectives
- Success strategies
You will receive assistance from the instructor of this coaching service in three areas including:
- Phone Consultation
- to point you in the right direction while brainstorming potential answers for your interview.
- One-on-one coaching in person or on Skype
- to review your answers and provide feedback.
- A one-on-one mock interview in person or on Skype.
Our trainer, Ralph Hofmann, has been active in the field of paramedicine since 1984 and and instructor at various levels since 1989. In 2000, Ralph developed and implemented the curriculum for the Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP) program at Durham College. Two years after creating the ACP program, Ralph created the Primary Care Paramedic program. These two programs were among the first college programs in Ontario to be accredited by the Canadian Medical Association and remain one of the few. Embedded in these programs is a job search and acquisition strategies. This began with guest speakers and mock interviews which has evolved into a stand alone program that boasts the highest hiring rates in the province. Ralph Hofmann is an active professional and is listed as one of the authors in the National Occupational Competency Profile for Paramedicine. In 1994, Ralph was the captain of the team which placed second in the International Rescue and Emergency Care Association (IRECA) world championships in both the Emergency care and Paramedic categories.
Please note: Centre for Interdisciplinary Justice Services nor the instructor can guarantee success in your paramedic interview.
Location: via phone, email, Skype, in person (if possible)
Dates: Organized with the coach
Cost: Current DC student – $115 plus HST
Alumni or public – $140 plus HST
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org.