Personal and public safety is crucial for everyone!
All participants will be trained to effectively deal with sharp edged weapons. This program is for the specific purpose of training the user to react spontaneously in an attack that was initiated suddenly and unexpectedly.
At the end of the session, the participant will be able to:
- Identify and perform acceptable “use of force responses” as it relates to edged weapon assaults.
- To identify and perform drills as it pertains to the “reaction time principal”.
- To perform seven lines of attack with two different types of grip as it pertains to “cutting philosophies”.
- To perform “defense responses” against the seven lines of attack.
- To identify and perform distraction or stunning techniques utilizing “nerve motor points”.
- To identify and perform “knife defense takedowns” and “disarming techniques”.
Suitable for Law Enforcement Officers, Front-Line Security Practitioners, Loss Prevention Specialists, Supervisors and Managers, Health Care Professionals, Educational Professionals, etc.
Once you have passed the training you will receive certification.
Successfully complete this training and add it to your resume under additional certifications.
Space is limited.
Location: Oshawa campus, Room JW202 and Police Training Grounds
Sunday, February 24th, 2019
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To register, call 905.721.3000 and have the course code (CRN) and your credit card ready.