What is the annotations tool?
In DC Connect, faculty can now provide feedback to their students directly in their submitted assignments without having to download it. This means faculty can provide feedback to students on their papers as naturally as they would in-person. No need to print a copy of an assignment and provide written feedback!
How does the annotations tool work?
Vanderbilt University has a great overview of how this tool works: https://www.vanderbilt.edu/brightspace/using-the-annotation-tool/
Annotate an assignment/test submission
You can provide feedback directly in electronically submitted assignments using the annotations tool.
- From the All Folders page, tap the assignment you want to evaluate.
- Inside the assignment, tap a submission to open it.
- You will now see the assignment the student uploaded directly on the page. On the Scoring and Feedback drawer, do any of the following:
- Tap Draw. Draw with your finger. Tap the color selector to change the color of your pencil, color opacity, and line thickness. Tap Done.
- Tap Highlight. Drag your finger over the text you want to highlight. Tap the color selector to change the highlighter color. Tap Done.
- Tap Create Note. Tap the document to add a note. Enter your text. Tap Done.
- Tap Underline. Drag your finger over the text you want to underline. Tap the color selector to change the underline color. Tap Done.
- Tap Strikethrough. Drag your finger over the text you want to strikeout. Tap the color selector to change the strikeout color. Tap Done.
Note: If a student uploads an image file, the only annotation actions available are Create Note and Draw.
Resources for students
The only change to student’s experience is now they see all your annotations when they receive their assignment.