Continuity of Durham College’s (DC) financial operations
As of March 17, 2020
Further to today’s campus closure announcement, below are details related to DC’s financial operations.
- All staff, full-time and part-time, will continue to be regularly paid.
- For contract staff:
- All contract staff currently responsible for updating their hours via Web Time Entry (WTE) must continue to update their approved scheduled hours via WTE as per the payroll deadlines.
- Managers must approve contract staff hours within the payroll deadlines and ensure their employees’ scheduled hours are accurately updated in WTE for payroll.
- For part-time employees:
- DC has committed to pay continuity for all part-time employees. If hours are not updated, managers should contact the payroll department to open the employee timesheet for the manager to edit the hours and approve for payroll submission.
- An alternate option is for managers to email payroll with the name of the employee, Banner ID, normally scheduled daily hours, and total hours for the pay period.
- Payroll will update WTE and submit the timesheet for manager’s approval.
- Payroll schedules and deadlines are on ICE.
- If the department has multiple employees, send an excel file with the details noted above for each employee. For casual or irregularly paid employees, payroll should be notified via email with details to ensure payments are processed. Please direct all emails to email@example.com.
- Accounts Payable will continue to process invoices and expense reimbursements during the closure.
- Invoices received by finance will be scanned and emailed to the budget holder for approval. If invoices are received in individual departments, please email a copy (either via scan or picture) with appropriate coding to Norah Warmuth. If the invoice cannot be signed electronically, we will accept an email from the budget holder as approval. Please retain all original copies for submission after the closure.
- Accounts Receivable will continue to invoice customers for services performed. Email the Accounts Receivable Invoicing Request Form located on ICE to Norah Warmuth.
- All other accounting-related inquiries should be directed to Norah Warmuth via email or at 289-979-7464.
- Purchase order requisitions will continue to be processed and communicated to vendors electronically.
- Request for Proposals (RFP) that are currently in process and new RFP requests will be issued and evaluated electronically.
- Corporate MasterCard balances are to be reconciled in the FAST PCARD module. Please retain all receipts for submission after the closure.
- Direct any questions related to Procurement to Kevin Jones via email or at 905-706-6741.
DC continues to actively monitor the COVID-19 situation and the potential impact on our community. Please visit www.durhamcollege.ca/coronavirus for updates and FAQs.