A new COVID-19 case has been reported at the Durham College (DC) Whitby campus.
Monday, January 18
We have been advised that a member of the DC community has tested positive for COVID-19.
- The individual was last at the Whitby campus in the main building on Wednesday, January 13.
- Any member of our campus community who may be at risk has been contacted by Durham Region Health Department (DRHD).
- DRHD has determined there is a low risk to our campus community.
WHAT IS BEING DONE
- Risk mitigation measures, including our daily pandemic cleaning protocols with increased cleaning of the campus and disinfecting high touch surfaces, have been implemented at the college based on specific direction from DRHD.
- DRHD will provide specific direction to any individuals who may be at risk.
- If you have not been contacted, your campus classes and activities continue as scheduled.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Please do not come to campus if you’re feeling unwell.
- Continue following DC’s preventative safety measures when coming to campus
- Complete the mandatory one minute COVID-19 screening questionnaire prior to arriving on campus.
- If you have received a COVID-19 test, you are required to remain at home until you are cleared by DC’s risk management/health and safety office.
- If you are feeling unwell, or aren’t sure whether or not you should come to campus, please stay home, contact DRHD as well as:
- Pre-entry Screening Questionnaire
- Report an illness
- Safety Measures on campus
- Reporting dashboard
- COVID-19 response plan
- DC mobile app
- COVID-19 webpage
- COVID alert app
- Contact us – DC Cares