We are committed to operating our campuses with a priority on the health and well-being of our Durham College community. With some students and employees coming to campus for scheduled face-to-face activities this fall semester, a number of health and safety measures have been implemented to ensure we’re all doing our part to keep our campus community protected.
- GDI, our campus cleaning service provider, is adhering to public health cleaning protocol, as well as the college’s Enhanced Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Advisory. They are:
- Performing enhanced cleaning, including disinfecting high touch areas, two to three times daily in all academic schools, departmental and employee offices, as well as classrooms and other shared/common areas.
- Cleaning all washrooms three times daily.
- Taking immediate action on service requests from the health and safety officer for enhanced cleaning in specific areas.
- Hand sanitizer is available at building entrances, in all learning environments and in common areas across the college.
- Spray disinfectant and paper towel is available in common office spaces for employees to clean their individual work spaces. Note: employees must disinfect their personal workstation at the start and end of each day. Requests for additional cleaning products or cleaning service can be submitted through the Service Desk.
- As of mid-September, sanitization wipe dispensers will be available in each classroom for employees and students to disinfect high touch areas. Students are also encouraged to use these cleaning products to sanitize their workstation before and after using it.
- Employees and students are required to practice proper hand washing and respiratory etiquette.
Health and safety protocols
- Plexiglass partitions have been installed in frontline service areas where possible.
- Anyone accessing a campus building is required to wear a mask or face covering when inside and must sanitize, practice physical distancing and self-screen upon entry.
- Departments or offices that are student-facing are required to limit capacity to ensure proper physical distancing guidelines are followed.
- Many employees are still being encouraged to work from home and many programs are being delivered fully or semi-remotely to limit the number of people on campus.
- Only those required to be on campus for a scheduled class, activity or service appointment or to use campus resources, such as the Campus Library or Wi-Fi access, will be permitted into college buildings.
As a reminder, answers to frequently asked questions can be found on our COVID-19 FAQ tab. We encourage you to check it regularly for updates. If you have a question that hasn’t been answered here, or on our COVID-19 webpage, we encourage you to email email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. We are looking forward to a great fall semester!