Health care and mental health supports available for Durham College students and employees.
As of Wednesday, March 18
Continuity of care is very important to the health and well-being of our campus community. Durham College (DC) and its doctors, nurses and practitioners are here to provide their unwavering support to you during this stressful and uncertain time.
While the Campus Health Centre (CHC) is closed, students and employees are encouraged to take advantage of the virtual arrangements available Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for:
- general health-care questions
- prescription renewals
- mental health support
General health-care appointments, prescription renewals or to mental health supports: call 905.721.2000 ext. 3037.
- Have your health card ready.
- Leave a message with your name and contact information, including a phone number where you can be reached.
- For prescription refills, have the information for the pharmacy closest to you, including address and phone number. Please note: not all prescriptions may be renewable.
To speak with a nurse Monday to Friday, between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m: call 905.721.2000 ext.2854.
- Leave a message with your name and contact information
- A nurse will call you back as soon as possible
- Outside of these hours, visit durhamcollege.ca/coronavirus for more information or contact Public Health at 905.668.2020 (press 2).
Additionally, full-time staff have regular access to DC’s EAP, which can be accessed at 1.844.880.9142 or 1.877.338.0275 (TTY service) or www.workhealthlife.com. Contract staff are granted access on request, which can be directed to Kelly Doyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to make an in-person appointment for your health, call your family doctor or local walk-in clinic.
DC continues to actively monitor the COVID-19 situation and the potential impact on our community. Please visit www.durhamcollege.ca/coronavirus for updates and FAQs.