The Durham College (DC) Campus Health Centre (CHC) will close to students, employees and the general public as of noon on Tuesday, March 17 until further notice.
As of Tuesday, March 17, noon
Continuity of care and the mental health of our students and employees is very important to DC and its doctors, nurses and practitioners. While the CHC is closed, students and employees can make telephone appointments for general health-care questions, prescription renewals and mental health support between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- To make a general health-care appointment, request a prescription renewal or to speak with someone regarding your mental health, please call 905.721.2000 ext. 3037.
- Before you call, have your health card ready.
- Leave a message with your name and contact information, including a valid phone number where you can be reached.
- If you need a prescription refill, please have the information for the pharmacy closest to you, including address and phone number. Please note: not all prescriptions may be renewable.
- To speak with a nurse, please call 905.721.2000 ext.2854 and leave a message with your name and contact information between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. between Monday to Friday and a nurse will call you back as soon as possible.
- Outside of these hours, visit durhamcollege.ca/coronavirus for more information or contact Public Health at 905.668.2020 (press 2).
Please note: if you need to make an in-person appointment for your health, call your family doctor or visit your nearest walk-in clinic.
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORTS AVAILABLE FOR STUDENTS
- Good2Talk Helpline (24/7): 1.866.925.5454
- M. Well Student Assistance Program: 1.877.554.6935
- In the case of emergency, please dial 911.
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORTS AVAILABLE FOR EMPLOYEES
- Employee and Family Assistance Program: 1.844.880.9142 or 1.877.338.0275 (TTY service) or workhealthlife.com
DC continues to actively monitor the COVID-19 situation and the potential impact on our community. Please visit www.durhamcollege.ca/coronavirus for updates and FAQs.