The Government of Canada is advising to avoid all non-essential travel outside of Canada. Everyone returning from travel outside Canada should voluntarily self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival.
In addition, if you return from Italy, Iran, or Hubei province (China) you will be asked to contact the public health authority within 24 hours of arriving in Canada to provide your contact information.
As of March 13, 2020
All travellers entering the country, as of March 13, should voluntarily self-isolate for a period of 14 days starting on the date they return to Canada. All non-essential travel for Canadians is to be avoided. Learn more.
Students and employees returning to Canada should:
- Voluntarily self-isolate for 14 days after your return from travel outside Canada before returning to campus.
- Monitor your health for fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
- Wash your hands often for 20 seconds and cover your mouth and nose with your arm when coughing or sneezing.
If you develop a fever, cough or difficulty breathing within 14 days:
- Continue to isolate yourself from others.
- Immediately call a health care professional or public health authority and:
- describe your symptoms and travel history.
- follow their instructions carefully.
Durham College continues to actively monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and the potential impact on our community. Please visit www.durhamcollege.ca/coronavirus for updates and FAQs.