While transitioning to online learning is a positive step towards keeping your semester moving forward, Durham College (DC) recognizes that it is also another significant change in uncertain times.
Whether you need academic strategies or someone to talk to, DC students have access to a wide variety of supports. Keep the following list close by and reach out often.
Please remember you are not alone. We are here to support you so email email@example.com for any support services not listed below and we’ll help connect you.
Take good care.
- Access and Support Centre
- Campus Health Centre
- Co-op Office
- Enrolment Services
- Financial Aid
- Student Academic Learning Services (SALS)
- Academic supports
- Academic schools
Connect with student advisors and other school-specific supports using the links below:
|School of Business, IT & Management||905.721.3064||BITM@durhamcollege.ca|
|Centre for Professional and Part-time Learningfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|School of Health & Community Services||905.721.3080||HCS@durhamcollege.ca|
|School of Hospitality & Horticultural Scienceemail@example.com (student advisor)|
|School of Interdisciplinary Studiesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|School of Justice & Emergency Services||905.721.3070||JES@durhamcollege.ca|
|School of Media, Art & Design||905.721.2000 ext. email@example.com|
|School of Science & Engineering Technology||905.721.3060||SET@durhamcollege.ca|
|School of Skilled Trades, Apprenticeship & Renewable Technology||905.721.2000 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org (general questions) email@example.com (student advisor)|
- Accessibility coaching, assistive technology, peer coaching, new intakes and counselling continue to be available by phone or video.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or your staff member directly during regular business hours to book an appointment.
- Access subject-specific tutorials and workshops online, as well as top tips for learning and writing skills.
- Appointments available by phone or video from Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Email the staff member based on subject to book an appointment.
- Mental health supports
- Good2Talk Helpline (24/7): 1.866.925.5454
- I.M. Well Student Assistance Program: 1.877.554.6935
- Ontario 211 Community and Social Services Help Line (24/7): dial 211
- Campus Health Centre
- Services including medical appointments and appointments with mental health nurses, wellness coaches and therapists are available via teleconferencing. To book an appointment, call 905.721.2000 ext. 3037.
- Counselling available via online delivery. Email email@example.com to book an appointment.
- Multi-service supports
- First Peoples Indigenous Centre
Services are available remotely, including:
- Culture-specific supports
- Information, resources and referrals
- Self-identification supports
Most services are available remotely, including:
Please email using area-specific links above to book an appointment.
DCSI, the independent student association representing all DC students, has additional services available. In addition to the information listed here, please go to their website or contact them directly for updates.
Most services continue to be available via online delivery, including: