Durham College’s spring semester will be delivered online beginning Tuesday, May 19.
Tuesday, May 19 to Friday, August 7.
With the continued campus closure due to COVID-19 restrictions and in response to the recent disruptions to the current semester, Durham College’s (DC) spring semester will begin online on Tuesday, May 19.
Should this date be changed due to public health direction, we will communicate updates as they become available.
- Most post-secondary programs will be delivered online for the spring semester. Please refer to the list of programs being offered online.
- Programs that include hands-on learning in labs, shops or studios will also begin on Tuesday, May 19. Theoretical content will be delivered in an online format at the beginning of the semester and required in-class instruction will occur later in the semester, once it is safe to return to campus.
- The spring semester will run on a condensed 12-week semester, from Tuesday, May 19 to Friday, August 7 and will not include a Reading Week.
- Decisions to return to campus will be based on public health guidelines in place at the time and will be shared once available.
Additionally, intake for programs that were to begin in May will now start in September, with the exception of the following:
- Critical Care Nursing – e-learning graduate certificate to begin Monday, May 4
- Law Clerk Advanced (Fast-track) and Project Management graduate certificate programs to begin Tuesday, May 19
Prospective students who are impacted by this change have been contacted directly. Professional and Part-time Learning course-specific information and delivery dates are available on their website.
We appreciate your patience as we continue to respond with the necessary actions that ensure the safety, health and well-being of our DC community.
Please visit www.durhamcollege.ca/coronavirus for updates and FAQs.