As part of our In This Together DC email series, today’s update will share with you details about ongoing Corporate Training Services (CTS) activities.
The impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic quickly reverberated across the corporate landscape as various companies and corporations transitioned from onsite working environments to working predominantly from home. In the midst of navigating this rapid transformation itself, CTS also had to quickly innovate to support and enhance the ongoing training requirements of our clientele whose needs didn’t cease, even if going to the office or classroom did. CTS has employed various approaches to support the diverse industries of our local, provincial and national clientele.
- To enable learning outside the boardroom, classroom or shop space, CTS created an all-new training platform: CTS Live.
- The audience virtually interacts with multiple live hosts and special guests who are in different remote locations but appear to be together, interacting on one set [view sample video]
- The platform went to air within four weeks of conception, starting with targeted training sessions for leaders in specific industry groups across Ontario. Feedback has been overwhelmingly positive and planning is now underway to expand these programs to accommodate a national audience.
- CTS Live captured new client business within six weeks of conception.
National Automotive Training Programs
- Transformation of a 32-city national product tour to virtual delivery with approximately 3,000 Canadian viewers.
- Transformation of a 26-city national service training tour to virtual delivery (100 sessions delivered over a one-month period to reach approximately 2,000 viewers).
- Summer product training that normally goes live in 32 different cities will be supported via a live virtual classroom, teaching vehicle training and coaching customer experience skills (200 sessions from mid-June to the end of August).
- We are also creating a video series of quick tips for vehicle demonstration ideas.
Corporate Testing Services
- With over 4,000 test candidates in the queue and more eagerly waiting to write exams, the Testing team remotely manages queries and questions from candidates daily.
- The ‘new normal’ for Testing will leverage live remote proctoring in place of traditional in-person proctored exams.
- Our innovative solution for live remote proctoring developed for the high-stakes exams of our provincial client has garnered the attention of other provinces and territories; CTS is expanding this solution to our new client base over the summer.
Truck Driving and Technical Training
- With approval from the Ministry of Transportation, we converted our “A” Driver Training Program online, enabling our students to complete their theory while waiting for the practical component to begin (with PPE and sanitization measures).
- Other courses have been transitioned to an online theory delivery format including our “D” and “F” licence, as well as Transportation of Dangerous Goods.
Director, Corporate Training Services