A new COVID-19 case has been reported at the Durham College (DC) Whitby campus.
Tuesday, December 15
We have been advised that a member of the DC community have tested positive for COVID-19.
- The individual was last at the Whitby Campus in the W. Galen Weston Centre for Food (CFF), on Tuesday, December 8.
- This case is unrelated to any other cases that have been reported on campus.
- Durham Region Health Department (DRHD) has determined a low risk to our campus community.
- Any member of our campus community who may be at risk has been contacted by Durham Region Health Department (DRHD).
WHAT IS BEING DONE
- Risk mitigation measures, including our daily pandemic cleaning protocols with increased cleaning of the campus and disinfecting high touch surfaces, have been implemented at the college based on specific direction from DRHD.
- DRHD will provide specific direction to any individuals who may be at risk.
- If you have not been contacted, your campus classes and activities continue as scheduled.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Please do not come to campus if you’re feeling unwell.
- Continue following DC’s preventative safety measures when coming to campus
- Complete the mandatory one minute COVID-19 screening questionnaire prior to arriving on campus.
- If you have received a COVID-19 test, you are required to remain at home until you are cleared by DC’s risk management/health and safety office.
- If you are feeling unwell, or aren’t sure whether or not you should come to campus, please stay home, contact DRHD as well as: