A new positive case of COVID-19 has been confirmed at Durham College’s (DC) Whitby campus
Friday, October 23
We have been advised that a student studying out of the Whitby campus has tested positive for COVID-19.
- The student is taking a course through Corporate Training Services and was last on campus Tuesday, October 20, in a classroom not associated with a shop or lab.
- Deep cleaning and sanitization of affected areas have taken place.
- Those who shared a classroom with the student have been contacted by the college and may receive further communication from Durham Region Public Health (DRPH) for contact tracing, only if they are determined to be high risk.
- Unless contacted by DRPH, the only action required of you is to continue following DC’s protocol outlined below.
- Risk mitigation measures have been implemented at the college based on specific direction from DRPH to ensure the health and safety of the entire campus community.
- Our student is currently isolating at home. We wish them a safe and speedy recovery.
Please be reminded of the college’s preventative safety measures when coming to campus and on campus.
- All those visiting DC campuses, including employees, students and visitors, must complete a brief (less than one minute) COVID-19 screening questionnaire prior to coming to campus.
- If you are feeling unwell, or aren’t sure whether or not you should come to campus, please stay home, contact DRPH as well as:
- Review our COVID reporting document for steps to take when reporting illness.
- Wear a mask or face covering when inside all campus buildings at all times.
- Sanitize regularly
- Self-screen upon entry.
- Ensure physical distancing.
- Only come to campus for a scheduled class, activity, appointment or to use campus resources, such as the Campus Library or Wi-Fi access.
- Leave campus buildings immediately after your scheduled class or activity is over.
- Pre-entry Screening Questionnaire
- Report an illness
- Safety Measures on campus
- Reporting dashboard
- COVID-19 response plan
- DC mobile app
- COVID-19 webpage
- COVID alert app
- Contact us – DC Cares