Durham College is a participant in a pilot project with a select group of schools that gives students with 2014-2015 OSAP Full-Time Applications the ability to upload outstanding supporting documents and consent/signature pages. This new functionality will be available under the “Print Your Documents” page once a student is logged into the OSAP website.
Students continue to have the option of mailing or dropping off documents to the Student Awards & Financial Aid Office for processing.
For details on how to properly upload your documents and forms please refer to the instructions below or print the Instructions for Uploading Your Required Documents and Forms – OSAP.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR UPLOADING YOUR REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND FORMS
How to Scan a Document to Create a PDF File
You must scan each of your required documents separately.
To maintain the best possible document quality, use the following settings (or equivalent) during the scanning process:
- Scan your document as a black and white document, even if the document is in colour.
- Select a text style option rather than a photo or picture option.
- If you have a “dpi” (dots per inch) option, set it to 150 or 200. Otherwise, use the smallest size option to create the file.
Make sure your scanned document is clear and easy to read before saving it as a PDF (.pdf ) file format.
Steps to Upload a Document
- Scan the required document corresponding to the upload link and create a PDF file.
- Click on the Upload > link corresponding to that document.
- Locate your pdf file using the “browse” button.
- Select the file and click on “open”.
You will get a message confirming if your document was accepted for upload purposes. Repeat the process for each required document.
- You can only upload a file that is a PDF format.
- You cannot upload a file that is password protected.
- You cannot upload a file that is larger than 1 MB in size.
Declaration and Signature Pages
- All declaration and signatures pages must be printed first so that you, your parent(s) and/or spouse (as applicable) can sign the pages as required.
- Use dark blue or black ink when signing the pages.
- Scan each type of declaration pages separately. For instance, your signature pages will be a separate file than the declaration and signature pages of your parent(s).
- Each declaration and signature pages file must include both pages 1 and 2 of the document.
Documents NOT Included in the Upload Process
Neither the Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA) nor the Program Information Form are part of the upload process.
- Your completed MSFAA document must be forwarded to a designated Canada Post Outlet.
- Your Program Information form must be printed and sent to your school for completion.