Student Identification Card

Each year your card will need to be validated for the next academic year and full time student cards will include the new U-Pass. When cards are replaced due to loss, theft or damage, your image may be updated at the time of reprinting.

To obtain your Campus ID card you must have:

  • One piece of valid government produced photo identification (BYID card, current citizenship card, driver’s license or passport); and
  • Your finalized timetable

If you do not have government produced photo ID print a ‘Student Identification Form’ in advance and have it completed by you and a guarantor prior to visiting the ID office. You can find the Student Identification Form at or on MyCampus.

If you have lost your card, check the Lost and Found located at the main reception desk in the Gordon Willey building. Replacement fees may be paid in the ID office, G1004.

Reprint fees:

  • Temporary exam card: $5.
  • Campus identification card: $10/first replacement, $15/second replacement, $20/third replacement
  • Any subsequent replacements require a meeting with the Director of the Office of Campus Safety.
  • Professional and Part-time Learning identification card: $15.
  • Non post-secondary program identification card: $15.
  • Clinical or student employment badges: $2.

Meal plan subscriber

  • Report missing cards to the Aramark office so your account may be deactivated immediately;
  • Never loan your card to anyone or purchase meals for other students; and
  • Take their new card to the nearest Aramark office to update their account.

Your campus identification card can be used for:

  • Entrance to the athletic, tennis and ice centres, Student Academic Learning Services and E.P. Taylor’s Pub and Restaurant;
  • Exams – you will need to show your valid campus identification card or temporary exam card when writing all exams;
  • Library services – it acts as your library card for borrowing privileges;
  • Meal plans – you must present your card to purchase meals and use flex dollars on campus;
  • Media services – you must present your card to pick up equipment and instructional materials;
  • Photocopying – you can deposit money onto your card for when you want to make photocopies, refer to the Photocopier section;
  • Retail discounts; and
  • U-Pass – travel within Durham Region on the Durham Region Transit and GO Transit buses.

The hours of operation are typically Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. but increase to 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. during peak periods (mid Aug to late Sept) which include some Saturdays, in addition to extended hours during exam weeks in late December and April annually.

Cards are always processed Room G1004, and at the Whitby and Pickering campuses during peak periods. Refer to our web pages and MyCampus for detailed schedules throughout the year.

For more information, email or visit