Transportation (Parking, Public Transit and U-Pass)

Can I buy GO Transit tickets and passes on campus?

Yes, GO Transit tickets and passes are sold at the Tuck Shop in the Student Centre as well at the kiosk at the bus shelter. Durham Region Transit tickets and passes are also available at the Tuck Shop. Whitby Campus – Tuck Shop – please check hours of operation with The Student AssociationClick here for more information on transit.

Can I still park on campus if I don't purchase a parking pass?

Yes, you can. Short-term parking is available in the pay and display areas in front of the:

  • Campus Recreation and Wellness Centre
  • Commencement lot
  • Founders 2 lot
  • Student Services building (Closed until spring 2018 due to construction. Alternate parking in the Commencement lot or accessible parking in Founders 1. Electric vehicle charging stations will be relocated to the Commencement lot.)

Additionally, daily parking lot users may park in all gated parking lots with the exception of the Founders 1 lot. To gain entry to and exit gated lots, drivers will be required to use the push button and take a ticket. Tickets must then be validated at the time of exit by credit card payment at the exit gate or at a pay-on-foot machine using cash or credit card located in:

  • Commencement lot (2 locations)
  • Founders 2
Do I still need a GO Transit student ID card?

If you are using the GO Transit trains or buses outside the Region of Durham, you are required to pay for the service. If you want to receive the student fare, you must complete an application on the GO Transit website and you will receive a GO Transit Student ID.

Does it work for transfers?


Does it work on GO Trains?

No, it can only be used on GO Transit buses within the Durham Region.

Please note: the Tuck Shop in the Student Centre sells 10-ride or monthly passes for the Go Train at a reduced fare.

How can I get more answers?

Public transit T: 905.721.2000 ext. 6652 E:

How do students get a U-Pass?

The U-Pass fee is assessed and charged by the Registrar’s Office and is included in the student fees for full-time post-secondary students. The U-Pass is added to the campus identification card so you will need to show your card to travel Durham Region free of charge.

Is it transferable?

No. You must have your valid campus identification card to board Durham Region Transit (DRT) or GO Transit buses within the Region of Durham.

Is there a limit to its use?

Use is unlimited during the time you are a full-time student.

What if I live outside Durham Region?

If you live outside of Durham Region selected GO Transit buses will require you to purchase full fare to the campus; however, Durham Region Transit has introduced the 900 Pulses which travels from the University of Toronto, Scarborough campus to Oshawa at no additional fee. For more information please contact Durham Region Transit.

Where do I go to get a parking pass?

Purchase a parking pass online at

Pick up your parking pass at the Parking Offices located at the reception desk in the Gordon Willey building, main floor, or at the Whitby campus.

Where is the Parking Office located?

The Oshawa Parking Office is located directly beside the Security desk on the first floor of the Gordon Willey building. The Whitby Parking Office is near the main food court.