General information on tuition receipts

If you paid tuition, you may be able to claim tuition and education amounts on your tax return by using the Tuition Tax Receipts (T2202A) form. The form will be available online via MyCampus as of the last day of February at 4 p.m.

Official receipts for income tax purposes are issued once a year at the end of February, for the preceding calendar year (i.e. January to December). In accordance with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) regulations, official receipts (T2202A forms) are only issued for tuition fees totalling $100.00 or more.

Please note: all tuition fees must have been assessed and paid to Durham College in order to be reported. Materials and administrative fees are not eligible for tax deduction.

Durham College makes no assertion as to whether students are entitled to claim the T2202A. It is recommended that students verify eligible expenses with the CRA prior to filing their income tax. Refer to the CRA website for further information about eligible expenses.

For children’s programs (camps), retain the original confirmation of the registration form for income tax purposes. No other receipt will be issued.

For record keeping purposes; if you have had a change of address and did not notify the college, please do so as soon as possible. You can advise the college of an address change by:

  • Visiting Strategic Enrolment Services and completing a Change of Address form
  • Updating your information on MyCampus under Helpful Links – Personal Information – Update address and phones.
  • Fill out the Change of address form found on the Online forms page and follow the directions on the page for submission.

If you have any questions about your T2202A please email or

If you have any questions about your Continuing Education T2202A please email