Durham College’s First Peoples Indigenous Centre (FPIC) recognizes the importance of building positive relationships in the community. By providing Indigenous representation on various committees we hope to develop a heightened awareness of the specific needs of Indigenous Peoples and a positive way to address gaps through community development.
If you would like a staff member from Durham College’s FPIC to be a member of a community committee, pleasecontact us.
We currently are members of the following committees:
- Indigenous Peoples Education Circle (IPEC)
- Aboriginal Post-secondary Information Program (APSIP)
- Durham Regional Aboriginal Advisory Circle (DRAAC)
- Durham District School Board First Nations, Metis and Inuit Advisory Circle
- Durham Advisory Committee on Homelessness
- Durham Catholic District School Board Indigenous Education Advisory Circle
- Central East LHIN Metis, Inuit and Indigenous Peoples Health Advisory Circle
- Bawaajigawin Community Board
Durham College’s FPIC Indigenous Coaches actively participates in community events such as career fairs, education forums, Indigenous events and community socials. If you would like our participation please contact us.