Durham College’s Indigenous Coaches are available to provide a number of Indigenous specific workshops and presentations.
These workshops/presentations are suitable for:
- grade schools
- high schools
- professional development for staff and faculty
- community organizations
- Aboriginal Cultural Safety Initiative – This workshop can be modified to suit specific program needs.
- How past historical policies continue to affect Indigenous Peoples today
- Residential school
- Medicine Wheel teachings
- Restorative justice models
- Contribution of Indigenous People to today’s society
- Understanding Indigenous ways of knowing
- How to deal effectively with Indigenous clients
- Misconceptions, racism and stereotypes
For more information or to request our services please contact: