As the Durham College community prepares for blended learning and primarily online course delivery this fall, the Campus Library team is ready to support teaching and learning with a mix of in person and online services.
For the most up to date information on our spaces, services and resources, please visit our Library Services and Operations Updates page.
In Person Services
The Oshawa Campus Library will be open, starting September 8. Our hours of operation for the fall semester are:
- Monday-Thursday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Saturday & Sunday, closed
The Whitby Library remains closed, but our remote resources and services are available and you can visit us in person at the Oshawa Campus location.
In order to comply with physical distancing requirements, the Oshawa Campus Library will operate with reduced seating capacity. Masks will be required for all students, staff and faculty. The following services are available at the Oshawa Campus Library:
- Access to course reserve material on one or three day loan, with a mandatory three day quarantine for all returned materials
- Individual, quiet study spaces that meet physical distancing requirements
- Access to print books, journals and DVD materials for regular borrowing and returns
- Research help and assistance searching for information and accessing library resources
Online Supports for Students
Library services and resources are available online for students who are not required to come to campus. Visit the Library website to learn more about the following remote services and supports. We are here to help!
- Virtual chat help via AskON
- Email help at firstname.lastname@example.org
- One-on-one research consultations with dedicated Subject Librarians
- Program-specific Research Guides, which highlight the best resources for your assignments and projects.
Access the Library’s online resources, including ebooks, online journal and newspaper articles, streaming videos and more by searching Omni, the Library’s academic search tool. Log in for 24/7 online access using your campus network credentials.
Online Supports for Faculty
We are here to support faculty teaching and research. Be sure to check out:
- Teaching Supports, including Library workshops and classes and how to integrate Library resources in your DC Connect course
- Research Supports, including assistance with citation management, research data management and research metrics
- Course Reserves, including print and electronic course materials. Don’t forget to submit a Course Reserves Request to get your course readings on reserve for the fall semester!
The Library team is here to support teaching, learning and research, whether you’re on campus or online. We look forward to working with you this fall!