The following is important information to know before using the Test Centre.
Policy and Procedures
All Durham College policy and procedures for tests and exams apply in the Test Centre.
Durham College’s Academic Integrity Policy is applied in the Test Centre. If a Test Centre staff member finds any evidence of cheating, materials will be confiscated and submitted to your faculty. The appropriate faculty representative will determine the appropriate course of action.
Requests for accommodation changes can only be approved by an accessibility coach.
Students must request changes for final exams prior to the Test Centre final exam sign-up deadline. Changes approved after this date will be implemented for the next term.
Test Times and Punctuality
Tests are to be scheduled at the same time as the scheduled time of the class for which the test is being written.
If a student requires a change to the start/end time due to their accommodations, the student is responsible for ensuring these changes are approved by faculty.
It is the students’ responsibility to ensure that faculty are aware of the need for the test to be delivered in advance of the class start time.
Students must arrive on time.
Students are required to remain in the test centre for 30 minutes after the time class starts to write their test.
Specific rules apply regarding lateness and exams in a formal exam period and are outlined by Durham College.
Students who are unable to write a test or exam that they have scheduled with the Test Centre should:
- Contact faculty immediately. Faculty will determine whether you will be permitted to write the test or exam on an alternative day.
- Contact the Oshawa campus Test Centre at email@example.com or 905.721.2000 ext. 2557 or Whitby campus Test Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905.721.2000 ext. 4233.
- Durham College students failing to show for a test booked in the Test Centre could be subject to a $10 fee applied to their student account.
Test Centre Rules: Once you have arrived
- Turn off cell phones, iPods, and other electronic devices and place them in your bag or coat prior to entering the Test Centre. All watches must be removed and stored with personal belongings
- Remove all items from your bag needed during the test before entering the test room.
- Place bags and coats at the side of the room.
- Remove hats.
- Store your purse/laptop under your desk.
- Bring only allowable aids to be placed on your desk (i.e. calculator/pen or pencil).
- Do not bring food – only drinks are permitted (unless it is an approved accommodation).
- Sign in and sign out each time the Test Centre is used.
- Present and display student ID.
- Respect the need for a quiet environment. Student conversation is not permitted.
- Ear plugs – available to all to help reduce noise.
- Separate rooms – available for students who require this as a part of their accommodation.