Get a Head start on your academic future
The ASC offers a one-day spring transition session for prospective students who have applied to, or are considering attending Durham College. This session will help you and your parents/guardians better understand what changes you will experience at the post-secondary level and what different supports are available to assist you. You will have the opportunity to ask questions from our panel of experts and learn about how you can access supports on campus.
Who can attend?
- Students in grade 12 or that have completed high school and their guest. Please note that due to seating capacity pre-registration is required for this event.
WHEN CAN YOU ATTEND
- Oshawa Campus – Monday, April 30, 2018
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- Identify the major differences between high school and post-secondary education
- Learn about the experiences of other post-secondary students who use ASC services
- Understand the transition process to college
- Develop an awareness of the importance of self-advocacy skills
- Learn about the importance of psycho-educational assessments and begin the process of obtaining your documentation
- Outline the next steps you can take to be better prepared
HOW DO YOU REGISTER?
Please contact ASC to sign up for this event.
Students who require any accessibility accommodations during the Spring transition programs should notify the ASC upon signing up for this session. Accommodations may take some time to arrange so early contact is encouraged.