R E S P E C T – This is what it means to me!
Durham College’s respect campaign raises awareness about courtesy and respect among members of the campus community.
The campaign responds to the need for our community to recognize and celebrate the behaviours and attitudes that mirror respectful ways to learn and work together. It reinforces and strengthens the good behaviours and attitudes already established on campus and provides students and staff with the additional tools and skills needed to act as role models of the campaign message – respect – this is what it means to me!
Why a respect campaign?
The student experience comes first at Durham College and the respect campaign aims to further enhance that by providing a welcoming, respectful and inclusive environment that fosters positive learning and ensures student and staff success.
- To ensure respect is an integral part of our campus culture, a culture where all members have a right to work and study in an environment that values the personal worth and dignity of each individual;
- To support our strategic plan, which focuses on our students, our people, our business and our community;
- To develop an awareness of the impact of disrespectful behaviour and prepare students for the expectations of the working world; and
- To challenge some of our attitudes and interactions and model and teach appropriate interactions.
What can you do?
- Become ambassadors of the respect message by including respect in your everyday interactions and celebrating the uniqueness of our campus members; and
- Support the campaign by attending respect events, becoming part of our advisory committee, sharing your ideas and encouraging others to be the difference – respect each other.
- For more information about the respect campaign and how you can get involved, please contact the Office of Student Diversity, Inclusion and Transitions at email@example.com or at 905.721.2000 ext. 2856.