Fostering the belief that everyone deserves respect is a critical part of Durham College’s mandate as a postsecondary institution, solidifying respect as a human right! We are committed to providing a supportive and harassment free learning, teaching and working environment for everyone through leadership and positive role-modeling.
- Share our vision and core values as a campus community.
- Emphasize our inclusive learning community and make civility a topic of discussion.
- Support our strategic plan and its focus on our students, people, business and community.
- Address the many areas of diversity reflected in our people.
- Set expectations of appropriate behaviour and prepare students for the work-world.
- Educate yourself on the issues involving diversity and be familiar with the policies and procedures regarding harassment and bullying.
- Create a safe and welcoming learning environment.
- Discuss behavioural expectations on campus, in the classroom, at placements and the work-world with students.
- Become a Respect ambassador – display a poster, promote events or participate in activities that promote respect on campus.
- Share your ideas and encourage others to be the difference – respect each other!
For more information:
Please contact the Office of Student Diversity, Inclusion and Transitions at email@example.com or 905.721.2000 ext. 2855.