Important topics for living with new people
So, you’ve decided on a room in a house with some new people. Here are our best suggestions for an important conversation you should have before you move in.
- How often do you clean?
- What do you do on the weekends?
- Do you like to have friends over or take the party elsewhere?
- Do you smoke?
- How often do you drink at home?
- Are you still friends with your old roomies?
- Do you have references?
- When do you go to bed/wake up on weekdays/weekends?
- Do you have pets or are considering getting any?
- What is your school/work schedule?
- What are your study habits like?
- What’s your romantic situation?
- What do you want in a roommate?
- Do you have any furniture for the communal space?
- How often do you cook?
- How long are you planning to stay?
- Have you had any challenges in past living situations?