Inspiring learners to create success for themselves and their communities through the best in innovative and transformative education.
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Social Responsibility
Goal: to educate and inspire students to realize success in their careers and community. We will:
- Deliver high-quality programs that reflect labour markets and are responsive to emerging economies.
- Provide exceptional learning experiences that create opportunities for students to build resilience, competence, personal capacity and life-enhancing skills.
- Foster the development of durable skills that are transferable across all industries and workplaces.
- Champion experiential learning, global engagement and applied research opportunities.
- Cultivate relationships with students that extend beyond graduation.
- Advocate for the necessity and value of life-long learning.
Goal: to invest in our employees and empower them to be entrepreneurial, innovative and strategic. We will:
- Attract and retain individuals who are highly qualified, creative and collaborative.
- Foster a culture where all employees are inspired to exemplify our mission, vision and values.
- Ensure a positive and inclusive work environment that is diverse, respectful and representative of our community.
- Develop and implement strategies and practices that support the health and wellness of our employees.
- Leverage the expertise of our employees to make meaningful contributions to student learning and the community.
- Provide professional development and global outreach opportunities that enhance the skills and knowledge of our employees.
Goal: to be a leader in teaching and learning while responsibly managing resources, ensuring good governance and strategically investing in the future. We will:
- Foster an environment that inspires idea generation, bold leadership and purposeful innovation that are consistent with the evolution of work.
- Lead the development of transformational programs, services and systems that enhance the student experience.
- Be at the forefront of evolving teaching, learning and applied research practices.
- Reimagine and grow our facilities to be more flexible, accessible and progressive.
- Optimize resources and processes in all aspects of our business.
Goal: to drive the economic, social and environmental success of our community, locally and globally. We will:
- Establish and strengthen meaningful partnerships with industry, government, community and alumni to ensure our programs are leading-edge.
- Expand volunteer opportunities for employees and students to gain a deeper connection to our community.
- Leverage and grow our positive impact on the community to help it prosper and diversify.
- Respect our community by leading environmental stewardship and building social inclusion, while contributing to economic success.
- Strengthen our relationships with Indigenous communities.
DC By the Numbers
Top GTA Employer
(for the 12th time)
Canada’s Greenest Employer
(for the sixth consecutive year)
Top 50 Research College
(for the 9th time)
Inspiring innovation and success in Oshawa and Whitby
Alumni Connected through the green and gold
Employees Contributing to our students' success
Full-time post-secondary and apprenticeship students
Part-time, continuing education and online registrations
International students from 90 countries
Full-time post-secondary programs
Economic impact on Durham Region