This message is being sent on behalf of IT Services. Please direct inquiries to the IT Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call extension 3333.
All Durham College (DC) students and employees are advised that as part of our commitment to maintaining optimal systems and operations, an outage of MyDC and related systems will occur from Friday, September 22 at 5 p.m. to Monday, September 25 at 6 a.m.
In the event an extended outage is required, systems will be brought back online on Tuesday, September 26 at 6 a.m. Further communication will be distributed should this circumstance arise.
This outage will accommodate an upgrade to the core administrative information system shared by DC and Ontario Tech University.
During the outage, all MyDC self-service applications will not be available, including:
- Web Time Entry
- Adding/dropping classes
- Advisor services
- Applicant portal
- Application to graduate
- Course book lists
- Fee statements
- Financial Aid profile
- Password changes
- Preview available courses
- Student account/fee info and credit card payments
- Student/faculty schedule
- Student exam schedule
- Web transcripts
The following services will be available with little or no impact during the outage:
- MyDC (excluding administrative self-service applications listed previously)
- DC Connect
- MyDC link to DC Connect
- Wireless network (CAMPUS-AIR)
- OneCard (ID card database)
- Student email accounts
- Targeted messages and announcements
There will be limited availability to:
- Blackboard transact (meal plan)
- Class (Athletics)
- Clockwork (new students who have never used the system will not be able to use the system)
- Campus Library software
- Cognos (data will not be refreshed until Banner upgrade is complete)