SALS Support Videos
- Drop in peer tutors available in SALS
- Meet with upper year students to review course material
- Meet with speciality trained tutors for support with academic writing
SALS Writing and English Language
- Academic integrity
- Editing skills instruction
- Getting start and organized
- MLA/APA referencing
- Reading skills
- Research strategies
- 8 SALS ONLINE units
- Videos and tip sheets
- Workshop modules
- Practice tests and quizzes
SALS Learning skills
- Mature learner transition to college
- Listening and note taking
- Math study skills
- Organization skills
SALS Subject Specific
SALS PEER TUTORING POLICY
Students must cancel a session with their peer tutor no later than 7 a.m. on the day of the session.
Students who fail to cancel by 7 a.m. will be considered a No Show and will be charged $15 to their student account.
If a second No Show occurs, students will be charged another $15 to their account and peer tutoring privileges will be forfeited for the remainder of the semester.
Students who have forfeited their peer tutoring privileges will still be able to meet with staff, attend tutorials and workshops, and access SALS ONLINE resources.
SELF-DISCLOSURE AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Academic assignments, course progress, and matters of a personal and private nature can be discussed with SALS staff or tutors. Your discussion with staff and tutors will be considered confidential with three exceptions:
- When staff or tutors believe you may be at risk of harm to yourself or someone else
- When staff or tutors become aware that a crime has been committed
- When you communicate or do something that is a violation of college policy
We take your well-being and your right to privacy seriously. We also take our responsibility to uphold academic integrity standards seriously.
We encourage you to review and become familiar with Durham College’s academic policies and procedures in your student handbook or online at: www.durhamcollege.ca/policies