Durham College education abroad opportunities are open to Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents enrolled in full-time programs at Durham College.
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time Durham College student
- Be in good academic standing
- Have no holds on their account
- Have no records with security or student affairs
- Complete the application form. The application form includes:
- A Letter of Interest detailing the motivation for applying, advance preparation and knowledge of the program and country and qualities that are key to having a successful study abroad experience
- A resume
There may be additional academic eligibility requirements based on the education abroad program. Full eligibility details will be included with the program information.
Student selection process
Student selection is a partnership between the International Education Office and the relevant academic area. The process is as follows:
- The International office provides program details to the dean or associate dean, who decides if they would like to move forward with the opportunity.
- The academic school sets additional eligibility criteria, where applicable.
- The academic school promotes the opportunity and provides deadlines (in consultation with the International Education Office).
- Students complete and submit an application to the International Education Office, who review it for eligibility and forward to faculty.
- Faculty members shortlist applications, followed by interviews.
- The International Education Office submits paperwork to students for completion.
Students selected for an education abroad opportunity may be eligible for a travel bursary of up to $1,500 CAD. Students may also be eligible for OSAP funding.
*In special circumstances and with the approval of the program coordinator and dean/designate, students not currently in good academic standing may be considered.