As of October 20, 2020, if you are a registered Durham College student you may be permitted to travel to Canada for your studies, if you meet certain requirements. For full details, see IRCC’s website: Update to Travel Restriction Exemptions.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- You have a valid study permit OR
- You have approval of your study permit in the form of a letter from IRCC plus you have a valid TRV visa sticker in your passport
Please note that you CANNOT travel to Canada if you have an Approval-in-Principle (AIP), you must have a letter stating that your study permit has been approved or have a valid study permit.
You should not make any travel plans until you have met all requirements. For full details, see IRCC’s website: Update to Travel Restriction Exemptions.
What do I do next?
- If you are planning to come to Canada, you must let us know in advance at ISA@durhamcollege.ca and have a plan to quarantine upon arrival for 14 days. Visit our website to arrange quarantine and arrival services:https://durhamcollege.ca/info-for/international/new-and-current-students/arrival-services
- If you choose to make your own quarantine arrangements, you must submit your quarantine plan in advance to ISA@durhamcollege.ca. Remember to include your name and student number in your email. Here is a checklist of what to include in your quarantine plan.
- Please submit a copy or your valid study permit or letter stating approval of your study permit firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a Semester 1 student who has paid your tuition fees, you will be receiving an email and notification regarding your program delivery methods for the January (winter) 2021 semester. Most of our programs will be offered in a remote delivery format. You can find program delivery information for your program here. If you are in a hybrid program, most of your classes will be online with some practical components face to face on campus. This notification will be sent to you this week or after you have paid your tuition fees, at the email on your application.
Once again, we are looking forward to welcoming you to DC.