Health Check-up for International Students
Make your health and wellness a priority this year by booking an international student wellness check with the Campus Health Centre. Our international health team will address any health concerns you might have.
What’s included in the check-up?
- Focused physical examination.
- Medical history and immunization status review.
- Screening for common issues (i.e. fatigue, headaches and low motivation).
- Medication management.
- Referrals to specialists as needed.
- Review of sexual health resources and counselling, smoking cessation programs, dietary education and resources for adapting to a new country.
Mental health education
- Review of available mental health resources and supports for students including counselling services, mental health nurses, coaching, crisis support and psychiatry referrals.
Why should you book an appointment?
- To catch a health or wellness concern before it affects your studies.
- To make sure you are up-to-date on immunizations required for your program.
- To receive health and wellness resources that will make your transition to post-secondary education easier.
Health and wellness starts with you. Book an appointment today.
Visit us at the Oshawa campus in Room G1030 of the Campus Recreation and Wellness Centre or call us at 905.721.3037. Make sure to ask for an “international wellness check up appointment” when booking.
International Health Team
- S. Sivapalan
- Y. Khan
- Campus Health Centre nurses
Languages spoken: English, Hindi, Urdu, Tamil, Spanish, Tagalog, and Italian.
Need help before your appointment? Below is a list of services and resources that can assist:
Good2Talk 24/7 post-secondary student helpline
Student Centre, Room 220
Monday to Thursday – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. From 4:30 to 7 p.m. you can visit the Campus Health Centre for support.
Friday – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.