Durham College Certificate
Durham College Certificate
Are you interested in running your own business? This program will help you build the foundational knowledge and skills needed to establish and manage your own company.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) including Grade 12 English (C or U) and Grade 11 Math (C, M or U) OR
- Grade 12 equivalency certificate achieved through College academic upgrading OR
- Mature Student Status (19 years of age or older) with Grade 12 English (C or U) and Grade 11 Math (C, M or U)
- You must maintain an overall average of 60% or a GPA of 2.0 in order to graduate
- A minimum of 25% of courses must be completed through Durham College.
Current Program of Study Students are required to print or save a copy of the Program of Study when beginning the program. This document contains critical details about program progression and graduation requirements specific to the academic year in which your program was started.
Students who began this program prior to the current academic year may contact the Continuing Education office at email@example.com or 905-721-3052 to obtain your Program of Study and graduation requirements.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be equipped to:
- Communicate business-related information persuasively and accurately in oral, written and graphic formats
- Work in a manner consistent with law and professional standards, practices, and protocols
- Develop customer-service strategies to meet the needs of internal and external customers
- Apply knowledge of the human resources function to the operation of an organization
- Apply knowledge of the marketing function to the operation of an organization
- Apply accounting and financial knowledge to the operation of an organization
- Apply knowledge of operations management to the operation of an organization
- Apply computer skills and knowledge of information technology to support the management of an organization
- Take into account the interrelationship among the functional areas of a business
- Work effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and others
- Apply research skills to gather and interpret available information
- Apply creative problem-solving skills to address business problems and opportunities
- Develop strategies for personal and professional development to manage job stress, enhance work performance, and maximize career opportunities
- Apply time management and organizational skills to facilitate the completion of tasks and to meet deadlines in a business environment
- Recognize the economic, social, political, and cultural variables which impact on a business
Potential career and industry options may include:
- Self-employment as an entrepreneur
- Small business owner
- Small business or corporation
Program Related Questions? Call 905.721.3052
If you are interested in applying for financial aid, please visit the Continuing Education OSAP Eligibility webpage.