Co-operative education (co-op) is a new work-integrated learning option for Durham College (DC) students. Co-op offers students full-time paid work experiences, with each work term lasting 12 to 16 weeks in duration. The Co-operative Education office supports employers throughout the co-op recruitment process and up to the completion of the work term. Employers can apply for the Ontario Co-operative Education Tax Credit of up to $3,000 per co-op student, per work term.
Reasons to hire a co-op student
- Assist with student learning
- Provide temporary, practical, hands- on work experience to a student
- Explore new employment positions without requiring extensive investment or long-range commitment
- Enhance your profile on campus among students and faculty
- Help meet your short-term needs during peak season(s): vacation schedules, transfers, special projects
- Apply for the Ontario Co-operative Education Tax Credit of up to $3,000.00 per student, per work term
How to hire a co-op student
You can post a job on DC’s Hired portal by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call us directly at 905.721.2000 ext. 2619– our staff is here to assist you every step of the way.
There are four easy steps to get a co-op student at your organization:
- Produce a job description that includes:
- Background information about your organization
- Job responsibilities/duties
- Required qualifications
- Program(s) from which you wish to hire
- Review resumés; we will collect and e-mail or release them to you through our web portal.
- Select the co-op candidates you would like to interview; we will make the interview arrangements.
- Select the candidate who best fits your needs; we will present the job offer.
For more information contact DC’s Co-operative Education office at 905.721.2000 ext. 2619 or at email@example.com.