How do I register for a course?

Students may register for a Professional and Part-time Learning course (provided all requirements have been met) using one of three registration methods.

How do I apply to a program?

Credit course applicants must be 19 years of age, or have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or a General Education Development (GED). General interest course applicants must be 16 years of age or older, unless otherwise noted. Some courses require applicants to meet specific criteria and are noted in the detailed course description found on the website.


Durham College offers a wide-range of part-time programming – our Recognition of Achievement certificates (ROA), Durham College Certificates, Ontario College Certificates and Ontario College Diploma programs. The minimum admission requirement for our programs is one of the following:

  • Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent.
  • Mature student status (19 years of age or older). Mature students lacking specific requirements may have to complete academic upgrading.

We also offer Ontario Graduate Certificates which require previous post-secondary education. http://www.durhamcollege.ca/academic-schools/centre-for-professional-and-part-time-learning/registration-and-admission/course-program-admission

How do I get my grade/transcript?

Final Grades and Official Transcripts are available on MyCampus. If you need to have your MyCampus account re-activated, you can do so online.

  • If you still cannot re-activate your account please contact the Help Desk at 905.721.3333.
  • If you require an official copy of a mark for an employer or educational institution, you will be required to order and pay for an official transcript at a cost of $14 per transcript (please see below for instructions).

How to access your marks and/or Order official transcripts:

  1. From the MyCampus page, enter your student number (username) and password (PIN). This is the same username/PIN you used to register via the Professional and Part-time Learning website. Your student ID will be in the format 100XXXXXX and can be found on course registration receipts and past grade reports. (If you do not register via our website or have not used MyCampus to retrieve your tuition tax receipt you will need to set up your MyCampus account.
    • Your user ID number is your student number and the default password will be your date of birth MMDDYY.
    • If you have not given us your date of birth, then the default password will be your postal code i.e. L1H7L7 (no space).
    • You will be prompted at this point to change your password
  2. Click “Self Service Options” at the top of the page
  3. Select “Student Information – Durham College”
  4. Select “Student Records”
  5. Select “Final Grades” OR Select “Request Printed/Official Transcript” and follow the on screen instructions.

Please note:

  • An official transcript can be picked-up, sent directly to you, or to another institution.
  • Transcripts cannot be faxed; this will make them unofficial as the school seal will not show.
  • Transcripts can take up to two weeks or longer to prepare, depending on the research involved and current volume in the office of Strategic Enrolment Services.
  • Transcript requests are not accepted over the phone.
  • Accepted form of payment: credit card only.

How do I book my exam for my online course?

If your course has an “in-person” final exam requirement, you will need to schedule your final exam no later than the Saturday following your course end date – no extensions are granted. You must register online at least five business days prior to the exam writing date. No telephone calls will be accepted. Confirmation of your selected writing date(s) will be sent to you via the e-mail you provided. Please check your spam/junk folder if it does not appear in your in-box. Please click on the link below to view the available test dates at the Oshawa campus for PRINT BASED exams. http://www.durhamcollege.ca/academic-schools/school-of-continuing-education/online-learning/exams

Do I qualify for OSAP?

If you are interested in applying for Part Time Financial Aid, please be advised that only the Ontario College Credential programs listed on our OSAP Eligibility page may be eligible.

Please note that students taking online courses are not eligible for OSAP for full-time studies, but may be eligible for OSAP for part-time studies.

For further information, please contact financialaid@durhamcollege.ca 6-8 weeks prior to registering for your first course to determine your individual eligibility and course load requirements and/or restrictions.

How do I get a student number?

Your student number is generated when you register for your first Durham College course.  This number is your academic student number for life; please keep it in a safe place for future reference.

New Students

If you have never taken a course at Durham College, you must fill in the Personal Information Form when registering online. A student number will be created for you. Please retain this number, you will use it for all course registrations and college activity. If you already have a student number, but cannot remember it, please call the Centre for Professional and Part-time Learning office at 905.721.3052

How do I apply to graduate?

Graduation Eligibility

Once you have completed all program requirements and you believe you are eligible for a certificate or diploma you must complete the Graduation Application Form and pay the fee to Strategic Enrolment Services (SES).

Minimum Performance for Graduation

You will only be eligible to graduate if you have completed all program requirements and maintained an overall good standing in your program. To confirm graduation eligibility, Durham College completes an audit of all courses you have taken in a program. Each course must be successfully completed within the maximum time frame for the credential, and a minimum GPA must be maintained.  The audit is based upon the program of study from the year you started your program, and it may be different from the one currently displayed on our website. Note: Past Program of Study information will soon be available via MyCampus.

Post Secondary Credential

Please note if you have completed an Ontario post-secondary credential you are required to follow graduation deadlines for the day school programs.  There are three graduation audit periods per academic year (January, May/June and October) and if you have met the application deadline and are successful you will receive your credential following the audit process.

Durham College Certificate or Recognition of Achievement

If you completed a Durham College Certificate or Recognition of Achievement please note you can apply to graduate upon completion of your final course.  Your records will be audited at that time.

What is a PLAR?

PLAR is a process you can use to gain college credit(s) for previous work and life experiences. It helps you focus on your accomplishments and plan toward personal and professional goals.  Credit is granted after the successful assessment of prior experience by a Subject Matter Expert and based on the course learning outcomes of a specific course. Candidates must complete a PLAR Registration form and pay the non-refundable PLAR fee, per course, before the process begins. Contact the PLAR office for further information:

What is the difference between PLAR and a Credit Transfer?

If you have studied previously at Durham College or another recognized post-secondary institution, your successfully-completed courses may be eligible for credit transfer. https://durhamcollege.ca/admissions/apply-for-credit-transfer. If you have prior work or life experiences that meet learning outcomes or you’ve studied at a private/career institution, you may wish to explore Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR). http://www.durhamcollege.ca/admissions/applying/prior-learning-assessment-and-recognition-plar

How do I get my tax receipt?

  1. Go to www.durhamcollege.ca/mycampus;
  2. Enter in your Username (this is your nine-digit student ID number) and your six-digit password and click on Login.
  3. Click on Canadian Tax Forms (right hand side of screen under Helpful Links; Student Records)
  4. Click on T2202 Tax Credit Form for your tuition tax receipt
  5. Select the Tax Year and click either view data or printable form and submit.
    • (a) By selecting “View Data” you can review your tuition amounts and months eligible on-line. If you print the “View” version of the form it cannot be used to send to the CRA if they request it from you.
    • (b) By selecting “Printable T2202 Form” you will be informed that this will mark your taxation record as printed and if you click on continue, any future requests will be marked as “Duplicate” If you are sure you want to continue then click the Confirm button.

TAX RECEIPTS (T2202 – Tuition and Enrolment Certificate) Claiming Post-secondary education tu­ition amounts on your tax return: The total amount of tuition fees paid may differ from your T2202 as not all fees are tax deductible, e.g. supply fees, computer fees and facility fees are not eligible.

Enrolment criteria for a part-time month equals at least three consecutive weeks in a calendar month and 12 contact hours. T2202 is based on contact hours in the tax year January – December. Receipts are only available through your MyCampus account as of February 28 each year. For more information, please visit the Tuition/Education Income Tax Credit  page on our website.

How does online learning work?

Durham College is a provincial leader in the development and delivery of online programs and courses. Online learning provides students with the flexibility to update their skills, and discover a new talent or chart a career path at their convenience. Our virtual classrooms are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please visit our Online Learning page for more information.