Perioperative Nursing - Transition to Practice and Field Placement Information
Transition to Practice and Field Placement
Transition to Practice
- This course will be completed through our OntarioLearn partner college, Lambton College - Course Code PERI2010.
- Students will be required to register for this 2 day workshop located in Bluewater Health in Sarnia and pay course fees to Lambton College.
- Once you have successfully completed the workshop we will transfer your course credit back to Durham College.
- Students must contact the Professional and Part-time Learning Office to obtain further details of how to register with Lambton College.
- This course is typically offered every semester - September, January and May start dates via Loyalist College.
- This 150 hour course will be completed through our OntarioLearn partner college, Loyalist College - Course Code WKPL8003.
- Students will be required to register and pay course fees to Loyalist College.
- Prior to completing the field placement course, you must complete a pre-placement orientation course (course code LMPS8001) through Loyalist College, and submit required documentation information according to Loyalist College's deadlines.
- Travel outside of Durham Region may be required for placement.
- Once you have successfully completed the placement we will transfer your course credit back to Durham College.
- Information on Clinical Placement course and Pre-Clinical Requirements can be found on the Loyalist College website.
- Registration information for Loyalist Courses can be found on the Loyalist College website.
- Please note: Placements can take a considerable time to secure.
Steps to register for the placement course:
- Email Durham College Professional and Part-time Learning office, your intent to take the Clinical course so we can verify that you have successfully completed all the five prerequisite courses that comprise the certificate
- Email Loyalist College?s placement coordinator at least Six (6) months in advance of the start of the term in which you wish to complete your placement
- Ensure you meet all the pre-clinical requirements as noted on the Loyalist College website listed above
- Register online with Loyalist College for the pre-placement orientation course and submit all required information and paperwork according to Loyalist College's requirements and posted deadlines.
- Register online with Loyalist College for the Clinical Placement course
- Once registered, Loyalist College's placement coordinator will forward a placement package which includes several forms that need to be completed by the student and returned to Loyalist College, e.g. health form, Criminal Reference Check, proof of current CPR/First Aid, etc.Program Related Questions? Call 905.721.3052