Business - Entrepreneurship and Small Business (Two-Year Diploma)
Ontario College Diploma
Ontario College Diploma
Entrepreneurship and small business development are vital components of economic growth in Canada with 75 per cent of all new jobs being created in the small business sector. Entrepreneurs build their own enterprises and live their lives doing what they love. Entrepreneurs are keen to create their own business concepts and possess the drive to make positive contributions to their organization's success. You will learn from professors and mentors who have launched their own successful businesses and leverage their experience to prepare yourself to launch your venture.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) including Grade 12 English (C or U) and Grade 11 Math (C, M or U) OR
- Grade 12 equivalency certificate achieved through College academic upgrading OR
- Mature Student Status (19 years of age or older) with Grade 12 English (C or U) and Grade 11 Math (C, M or U)
- Equivalent secondary school diploma from another province or territory in Canada (Please note: A recognized equivalent to an OSSD may be accepted if you meet the levels, subjects and overall averages required for admission to the college. Generally the requirement is successful completion of a Grade 12 diploma except in Quebec where the equivalent is Secondary V) or
- Equivalent secondary school diploma from outside of Canada. Applicants who have been educated outside of Canada must have their documents evaluated by a credential assessment service (ICAS) and submit proof of educational qualifications in order to determine if their level of achievement is equivalent to an OSSD. To obtain a Credential Assessment Report visit either ICAS (1.800.321.6021) or WES (1.866.343.0070)
- You must maintain an overall average of 60% or a GPA of 2.0 in order to graduate
- A minimum of 25% of courses must be completed through Durham College.
Program Admission Form Students are required to complete and submit this form to indicate that the program's admission requirements have been met. This form must be submitted prior to registering for your first course.
Current Program of Study Students are required to print or save a copy of the Program of Study when beginning the program. This document contains critical details about program progression and graduation requirements specific to the academic year in which your program was started.
Students who began this program prior to the current academic year may contact the Continuing Education office at email@example.com or 905-721-3052 to obtain your Program of Study and graduation requirements.
Upon completion of this program, students will be equipped to:
- Identify and discuss the impact of global issues on an organization?s business opportunities by using an environmental scan
- Apply principles of corporate sustainability, corporate social responsibility and ethics to support an organization?s business initiatives
- Use current concepts/systems and technologies to support an organization's business initiatives
- Apply basic research skills to support business decision making
- Support the planning, implementation and monitoring of projects
- Perform work in compliance with relevant statutes, regulations and business practices
- Explain the role of the human resource function and its impact on an organization
- Use accounting and financial principles to support the operations of an organization
- Describe and apply marketing and sales concepts used to support the operations of an organization
- Outline principles of supply chain management and operations management
- Outline and assess the components of a business plan
- Develop strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance work performance in the business field.
As a graduate you will be prepared to pursue self-employment as an entrepreneur/small business owner or employment in a small business
Program Related Questions? Call 905.721.3052
If you are interested in applying for financial aid, please visit the Continuing Education OSAP Eligibility webpage.