Data Analytics for Business Decision Making (Graduate Certificate)
Ontario College Graduate Certificate
Ontario College Graduate Certificate
As more organizations rely on data to drive corporate planning and decision-making, increasingly sophisticated business intelligence and data tools are being used to meet the need for extensive data collection and manipulation. This allows industry to quickly respond to organizational and market opportunities. The Data Analytics for Business Decision Making graduate certificate will prepare you for a career in this high-demand area by teaching you the knowledge and skills that you need to support real-world business decision-making and planning through data insights, data management and data science.
Technical requirements: Courses in this certificate deal with large data sets and complex models, which are a requirement of the program. Consequently, we recommend students meet the minimum computer requirements listed below.
- Intel I7 or AMD A10 processor or better with chipset that must support virtualization
- 16 GB of RAM
- 1 TB hard drive
- Ethernet Network Card
- Wireless Network Card
- One USB 3.0 port (two preferred)
- Windows 10 Professional Edition
- A two or three-year diploma or degree OR
- An acceptable combination of related work experience and post-secondary education.
- Applicants who have been educated outside of Canada must have their documents evaluated by a credential assessment service (ICAS) or (WES) and submit proof of educational qualifications. To obtain a Credential Assessment Report visit either ICAS (1.800.321.6021) or WES (1.866.343.0070)
- English Language Proficiency Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English or who are internationally educated in a non‐English speaking country must meet Durham College?s English Language Proficiency Policy.
- A comfort in mathematics, statistics, computer software, computer programming and enterprise systems in recommended.
- You must maintain an overall average of 60% or a GPA of 2.0 in order to graduate.
- A minimum of 25% of courses must be completed through Durham College.
Program Admission Form Students are required to complete and submit this form to indicate that the program's admission requirements have been met. This form must be submitted prior to registering for your first course.
Current Program of Study Students are required to print or save a copy of the Program of Study when beginning the program. This document contains critical details about program progression and graduation requirements specific to the academic year in which your program was started.
Students who began this program prior to the current academic year may contact the Continuing Education office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-721-3052 to obtain your Program of Study and graduation requirements.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be equipped to:
- Analyze, organize, and manipulate data to support problem solving, business decision-making, and opportunity identification.
- Develop statistical and predictive models that use operational and marketing data to identify patterns and provide insights to business stakeholders.
- Assess and apply business intelligence and Big Data tools appropriate to the business decisions, business problems, data movement, and system workloads.
- Prepare and communicate complex materials verbally, in writing, and digitally for a variety of audiences, purposes and levels of detail.
- Analyze and interpret data as it relates to various aspects of a business organization?s readiness to change.
- Conduct data analysis and research in a respectful and ethical manner that protects privacy and maintains dignity to all involved.
- Deliver data oriented projects using data science, business analysis, and project management principles, tools, and techniques to ensure clients? business needs are achieved.
Potential career and industry options may include:
- Business Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Report Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Analytics Specialist
- Business Analytics Specialist
- Data Insights Analyst
- Data Scientist
Program Related Questions? Call 905.721.3052
If you are interested in applying for financial aid, please visit the Continuing Education OSAP Eligibility webpage.